Welcome to our Kehillah (or Religious School)! Here, through a rich, experiential learning program, our youth and teens in grades K-12 connect to Jewish history and culture, Israel, Hebrew, and prayer.
TCS Kehillah is a learning environment where Jewish education is fostered, ideas are explored with curiosity and openness, and family relationships are nurtured.
TCS Kehillah Aspires to create lifelong bonds among our learners and engage them in a vibrant learning environment that will nurture and celebrate:
- HaMakom: A place for God in our lives.
- Torah: An exploration of the values, morals, and common story of our people.
- Am Yisrael, Medinat Yisrael, Eretz Yisrael: A connection to the people, state, and land of Israel.
- Historia v’Tarbut: An appreciation for Jewish history and culture.
- Masoret: A commitment to the traditions of Conservative Judaism.
- Zehut Yehudit: A pride in Jewish identity.
- Ivrit: A basic literacy in modern Hebrew and prayer.
- Kehillah: An enduring relationship with our synagogue and family.
Our mission is to provide a dynamic educational environment that will nurture and inspire Jewish learning and community through the following approaches:
- Experiential Learning: Bring our curriculum to life through hands-on programming, incorporating music, movement, art, creative activities and interactive Tefillah (prayers).
- Interdisciplinary Learning: Link to our core subject areas- Talmud Torah, Tefillah (prayer), Tikkun Olam (Repairing the World), Jewish Ethics and Values, Israel, Klal Yisrael (Worldwide Jewry), Hebrew, Holidays, Family, and Shabbat Education.
- Family Education: Connect the learners and families to both TCS and the greater Jewish community.
- Community Experiences: Participate in off-site activities, fostering connections between our leaders, the Jewish community, and the world at large.
Kehillah Academic Calendar- 2017
- Judaic Learning
- SUNDAYS from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Grades 3-6
- Hebrew Learning: To provide flexibility, we offer 3 options-
- MONDAYS from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- TUESDAYS from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- THURSDAYS from 4:00 PM to 6:oo PM
- Grade 7
- Our Program offers a unique experience for our students and families as they transition to become Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
- TUESDAYS from 6:15 PM to 8:00 PM
- SUNDAYS from 11:15 AM to 12:45 PM