Today is April 24, 2014 - 24 Nisan 5774
of Westport, Weston and Wilton
30 Hillspoint Road · Westport, CT 06880
Phone: (203) 454-4673 · Fax: (203) 454-8888
In This Section
- Our Director
- PJ Library
- Upcoming Preschool Events
- Preschool Registration
- The Program
- Shabbat and Holidays
- Snow Policy
- Community Yom Hashoah – Sunday, April 27 at Congregation B’nai Israel in Bridgeport at 7:00PM
- New “Kavanah”, a Saturday morning prayer/study group- Saturday, May 1 at 9:30AM
- Shabbat & Shavasana Yoga – Friday, May 2nd from 10:00AM – 11:30AM
- Sisterhood Chaverim Dinner – Friday, May 2, following services at 6:15PM
- More Events »
We look forward to a busy winter! While the kids enjoy the snow on the playground, we know that the snow on the road can cause much anxiety. With safety as our top priority, please read the snow procedures below, and make sure you have all information accessible when we have inclement weather.
Please understand the safety of our children, their parents, and our teachers is of our utmost concern. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please let me know.
CLOSINGS AND DELAYS:
Our decision to close for the day or have a “delayed opening” will coincide with the Westport Public Schools:
* If Westport schools are cancelled, TCS Preschool will be cancelled.
* If Westport schools have a delayed opening, TCS Preschool will begin at 10:30 AM.
If there is inclement weather during school hours, cancellation of Extended Day will be at the discretion of the Preschool Director.
This decision will be made so as to ensure a safe dismissal of our students and teachers, and will depend on the conditions of the Westport roads and the Synagogue parking lot/driveway, as well as the extended weather forecast. This may be independent of the Westport Public School’s decision to dismiss early.
The easiest way to learn about the Westport Public School snow decision, is to call the snow hot line: 203-341-1766 (or 341-1-SNO). If you have a child(ren) in the Westport Public Schools, many of these important announcements are being distributed via the school-wide email system.
You may also tune into the following stations for announcements regarding school closings or delays:
WEBE – FM 107.9; WICC – AM 600; WMMM – AM 1260; WNLK – AM 1350
Channel 8 WTNH; Channel 12 (Cablevision/Fairfield)